Reconnect

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Newb97 #1 Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:45 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Is there a way to reconnect to the battle? I mean sometimes my internet connection might go off and then on again (in a matter of 5-10 secs) but then i get a message and then kicked out of the match :P After that i have to wait cause the general is in the battle ( maybe AI )

I dont know if its the right place to post this but it would be nice to have a ''Reconnect'' button that puts u back to battle if u haven't lost all your units...

VG_JoJo #2 Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:49 AM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Hello there,

It is a good idea & has been suggested before, but whether or not this will be implemented, remains to be seen.

Regarding your internet connection issues, if that was me I would go crazy!

What is actually causing the failures?

If you're on wifi, go to a wired connection to your router (buy a cheap ethernet cable) as this will completely remove the small dips you get with even the strongest wifi connections.

Although 5-10 seconds may suggest strong interference/faulty equipment/a bad ISP (Internet Service Provider)

Or it's because you're living in a very remote area...

(nobody should have to suffer like you do in the year 2017!!) :)

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

therebelz33 #3 Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
Not everyone is able to connect with ethernet cables. In my case the router is used by the whole family and connecting my pc to the router would mean literally drilling through the floor which is not very optimal. Also my game once crashed and i couldn't reconnect so i think this is not something to be considered but something that should already be worked on as with the introduction of the ranking system diconnecting would bring a huge disadvantage to your team.

Newb97 #4 Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Its not really because of bad internet connection (av ping 85) but sometimes, usually every 30-40 mins i get a random disconnection that lasts 1-10 secs :P
that could just freeze the game a bit but it can even kick me out of the match... 

So basicly if i play 4 matches i get kicked from 1 of those and then i cant get back in so - 200 units for my team xD

VG_JoJo #5 Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

View PostNewb97, on 26 March 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Its not really because of bad internet connection (av ping 85) but sometimes, usually every 30-40 mins i get a random disconnection that lasts 1-10 secs :P
that could just freeze the game a bit but it can even kick me out of the match... 

So basicly if i play 4 matches i get kicked from 1 of those and then i cant get back in so - 200 units for my team xD

Obviously there are issues with the game - I had a matchmaking failed yesterday evening 25/03/2017 at 7.05pm.

But in terms of eliminating all other possibilities affecting your connection, it really sounds as if this is a Wifi issue.

I bought a 20metre Ethernet cable I snaked through 2 rooms of my house for under 10 GBP.

Those 1-10 second dips sound like a Wifi issue, but you didn't confirm if you had Wifi or ethernet cable?

View Posttherebelz33, on 26 March 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

Not everyone is able to connect with ethernet cables. In my case the router is used by the whole family and connecting my pc to the router would mean literally drilling through the floor which is not very optimal. Also my game once crashed and i couldn't reconnect so i think this is not something to be considered but something that should already be worked on as with the introduction of the ranking system diconnecting would bring a huge disadvantage to your team.

Doesn't seem like your issues are Wifi related, but that's just my opinion.

True that not everyone can connect an Ethernet cable, worth investing in a Wifi Booster, cheap, simple & very effective.

Otherwise, wait for the game to be more optimised, less server drops/issues and test again to be sure it is a game issue & nothing else.

(FYI I tell my wife & daughter to reduce their youtube resolutions to 480p when I'm gaming, and I'm on ethernet cable " 150Mbps Fibre)

Purely as a precautionary measure, of course. :)

...When ten to the enemy’s one, surround him;

...When five times his strength, attack him;

...If double his strength, divide him;
...If equally matched you may engage him;
...If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
...And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
...for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

the Art of War, by Sun Tzu

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users