Community Questions - 4th Alpha Weekend

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Akriom #1 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

COMMVNITVS LEADVS

• Administrator
  1. Will Friendly Fire be better highlighted? What is planned to ensure people will know they are committing Friendly Fire - will there be indicators like different colours for the damage numbers, warning messages, etc.?

This is something we are working on now and we will definitely make sure that players committing FF will understand what they are doing. Hopefully, it will be in an update soon! We believe that players’ awareness of mechanics like FF should be taken on board by additional supporting materials like guides, videos, and community discussion.

1. What are the future plans for balance changes?

It is quite early to name any specific changes. Currently, we are looking at progression speed as well as the general effectiveness of specific commanders and units. We can say for sure that balance will be constantly changing before the Open Beta arrives, and by that point we believe the balance should be pretty stable.

1. Are you planning any new maps, Commanders, units or features to be added soon? (Features such as a party system, player ranking, modding, etc.)

Definitely! Social features like friends/parties will be introduced in the next few months. The same goes for units, Commanders, and maps. Ranked matchmaking will be introduced later this year. As Total War Arena is a competitive multiplayer game, we do not intend to support modding in the near future.

1. Are there any plans to make battles easier to read?  (Such as corresponding different colours to all units per side, etc.)

We are constantly working on improving battle UI, as well as match sounds. So yes, in the next couple of phases you can expect to see number of changes which will improve battle awareness. We’ve already introduced the alternative battle view: when you hold down space, you can see units highlighted in their faction colour. This is an option that you can customize in the “Unit Identifiers” section of the options.

1. A lot of bugs remain - will they be fixed anytime soon?

We are very grateful for all the bug related feedback you guys are providing. Everything has found its place in our backlog and we hope to address as many issues as possible over the next few updates.

1. Will the camera settings be changed to allow for more freedom of control/more strategic overview of the game by being able to scroll out further?

The current camera zoom level is roughly where we want it to be, and even though we’re considering optimising this, we are not planning on changing it in a big way. It takes you closer to the action and gives you a better feel for your units, what they do, and how the battle is going. Arena is a much more action-oriented game than our other Total War titles, so you need to be a lot closer to the battle to understand what’s happening and play well. Additionally, raising the camera too high would make situational awareness trickier than it needs to be.

Xeir #2 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Centurio Hastatus Prior

• Praetorian

View PostAkriom, on 23 March 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

1. Are you planning any new maps, Commanders, units or features to be added soon? (Features such as a party system, player ranking, modding, etc.)

Definitely! Social features like friends/parties will be introduced in the next few months. The same goes for units, Commanders, and maps. Ranked matchmaking will be introduced later this year. As Total War Arena is a competitive multiplayer game, we do not intend to support modding in the near future.

Ranked matchmaking will be introduced later this year.

IDEAnLeiTung #3 Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

Munifex

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

I really need an answer to this question from a CA dev or WG admin:

Can you enter ranked matchmaking as a team of 10 or whatever the size of ranked games will be, or will it be a solo queue only option?

If it means that we will get team battles I´m going to jump on Xeirs hype train and shout whoop whoop.

HoR_i_ZoN #4 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian

1. Will the camera settings be changed to allow for more freedom of control/more strategic overview of the game by being able to scroll out further?

The current camera zoom level is roughly where we want it to be, and even though we’re considering optimising this, we are not planning on changing it in a big way. It takes you closer to the action and gives you a better feel for your units, what they do, and how the battle is going. Arena is a much more action-oriented game than our other Total War titles, so you need to be a lot closer to the battle to understand what’s happening and play well. Additionally, raising the camera too high would make situational awareness trickier than it needs to be.

Personally I don't think the zoom function is a problem and like you said it's in a good place.  The problem is that there's 2 camera settings each with their unique style, but I don't necessarily like all the styles of a single camera setting. 

Some examples:

I dislike how the camera rotates in the Arena mode as oppose to the Classic mode

I like how the camera instantly moves/pans from 1 unit to another in the Arena mode as oppose to the "glide" in Classic mode

I dislike the way Arena camera zooms vertically as oppose to the Classic's diagonal

So what I'm saying is wouldn't it be simpler to just have a single Camera Option section with all the sub-options so we can pick and choose what we really like.

-IDE- Ω∙Σ∙Ξ∙G∙Λ

OptimusPug #5 Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:27 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

Does anyone know of any acess codes?  My friends are all in and I don't have one :confused:

beanmonster3_1 #6 Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:24 PM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator
alpha 5 is live and they still haven't added squads back in i fail to see why it was taken out of the base game to start with. absolute joke, come on half the people that play the game want to play with a freind. Get on it or am not gonna bother with this game at all and not bother posting comments to help you better the game 

HoR_i_ZoN #7 Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:35 PM

Centurion

• Praetorian
Perhaps they don't want to put casual players off so soon

-IDE- Ω∙Σ∙Ξ∙G∙Λ

Domi0711 #8 Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:49 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Hi everyone!

I recieved an email from Wargaming with an alpha code in it. I reedemed the code in the website and get an other email with a download link. The problem is: When i clicking to this (TWA.EU.PRODUCTION@http://wgus-twaeu.wargaming.netlink i always get an error message which says:

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Unfortunately i missed the other weekends with my other email adress so i don't want to miss it again. I played over 70 ours when it was steam and i had so much fun with it so i really want to play again :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I hope you can help me                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Domi Wan Kenobi

I found the solution

Edited by Domi0711, 25 March 2017 - 08:11 AM.

Ben_Randell #9 Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis
Hello I have wipe my pc installed wargaming centre but cannot see total war arena, why? I have tried using the code again but wont pop up :(

CORMAQ #10 Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:11 AM

Tiro

• Closed Alpha Gladiator

Edit: oh wow, this is late XD oh well!

This was the main thing that frustrated me in the last beta test. Removal of the 'strategic view' and the current narrow camera makes situational awareness much harder than it needs to be. Allowing us to move out a little further would make no difference to gameplay and balance, yet, would allow players who want more situational awareness to get it. I pretty much only play pvp on mmo's and other games and having awareness of your surroundings so you can react accordingly in good time is one of the most important things and gameplay is just frustrating otherwise.

Please just allow us to zoom out a little further, it's clearly being asked for by the player base to be in this post at all.

Cheers. 

Edited by CORMAQ, 09 June 2017 - 10:11 AM.

SteelValor #11 Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

Tiro

• Concilium Plebis

Some of you come here as allies, soldiers, who will fight nobility to support the development of the game and the rest of you are straight trolls gtfo...
Someone said to the effect of make a feature or im not gonna play then leave now because there is no compromise in that statement.
The game is better then all other total wars but maby warhammer.
It runs hell of allot better then the others with some of the best AI i have ever seen "Players".
The battles are also massive without the massive performance drops most of the players would experience in a total war game.
The game is already very dam good. The game will always get better.
We need to support threw our wallets because more money means more development speed.
The person who said people should be able to queue all as one group on ranked and that's important but not nearly as important as solo ranking queues.
If you want to do a full party ranked that's fine you can go in a queue where you will only play a fully party ranked. Solo queuing is gonna be where the bulk of the players play ranked because it has the least margin of unfairness.
Any programing or Team ranked should be together but do not blend solo queues with party's.
I intend to play only the worst units of every faction so I know when I go well I did something right. 
May Total War Arena truly open an Alliance threw not only revenue but also its amazing gameplay. One of the best Total War games to date.
Consider some aspect of single player tho so the idiot pirates will pirate the game just for a handful of missions because that will advertise the game even more and provide the few who will want it with some solo or practice content they can play whenever they choose.

Edited by SteelValor, 12 June 2017 - 10:33 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users